On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 3:12 AM, Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My sincere apologies to you Edward, and everyone who relies on the python
> package index versions of Leo.
>
> I just made a colossal mistake and removed the entire Leo package instead
> of just the problematic release I've been troubleshooting.*  I've opened a
> support ticket for getting it back, but given the "are you sure you want to
> do this? It's not reversible." warning I reflexively slapped away I'm not
> hopeful.
>
> (* `pip install leo` kept insisting only development versions were
> available and wouldn't use 4.11-final.)
>
> I have a believe-fixed 4.11-final package ready to upload pending the
> answer from Support, so getting the latest release back up won't be that
> much work even if I have to register it as a new project. What's lost is
> the history - download statistics and old stable releases going back a
> number of years. This is not terrible, as Sourceforge is the primary
> release channel and all that is fine, but it's still significant blunder
> and I feel terrible.
>
> Once again: sorry Edward!

Don't worry.  Mistakes happen.

There is nothing on pypi that is all that important.  If there were
anything important that is loss, the responsibility is mine, and mine
alone, for not having proper backups.

This gives me the opportunity to share some photos of the Dow Memorial in
Midland Michigan.  Rebecca and I stumbled upon it on our September trip
this year.

Herbert H. Dow is revered by those who know about him. I think you will
find these pictures inspiring:

http://leoeditor.com/DowQuote1.JPG

http://leoeditor.com/DowQuote2.JPG

http://leoeditor.com/DowQuote3.JPG

This attitude has made Dow Chemical a world leader, and not coincidentally,
it has made Midland Michigan a garden city:

http://leoeditor.com/DowMemorial.JPG

http://leoeditor.com/DowGardens1.JPG

http://leoeditor.com/DowGardens2.JPG

So chin up, learn from your mistakes, and carry on.