On 11/16/2013 8:59 PM, Edward K. Ream wrote:
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM, gatesphere <gatesph...@gmail.com <mailto:gatesph...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Corrections:
    1:30, screen says F3 when you're probably doing Ctrl+F.

Thanks.  Good catch.

    2:15, the screen *looks* like Ctrl+_ (underscore), but it could be
    the intended Ctrl+- (minus), it just looks very similar to
    underscore to me.

I can do nothing about this.  Camtasia represents Ctrl-underscore
as Ctrl-Shift-- (at least on my keyboard!) so clearly I have not made an error.
Alright, just checking that it was a minus.  :)

    Otherwise, a very nice introduction.  One of these days I'll grok
    Leo's search, and this screencast might just have done it.

Oh my. If you have had trouble with search/replace, I wonder how many people gave up because of it.
Well, Ville's wonderful quicksearch.py plugin, and Terry's bigdash.py plugin help a lot... except for the replacement bits. For that I usually end up with one-off scripts.

Learning the built-in tools would be incredibly useful, and something I just haven't devoted time to. I tend to learn things on a 'need-to-know' basis. I learned vi (note, not vim!) completely due to my job, and I'm barely scratching the surface with it. I'm likely to do the same with any other software project that I didn't write myself (Leo included!).

-->Jake

Edward

P.S. I'll upload corrections tomorrow, after more people have had a chance to comment. There is a limit to uploaded bytes (each month) so I want to be a bit frugal.

EKR
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "leo-editor" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to leo-editor+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.