On Friday, January 10, 2014 6:01:19 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> For the last week the standing joke has been that the work will take
about another two hours :-)

There are two remaining items on the list:

1. Moving comments into organizer nodes.

I've already discussed this, it's not crucial, and it's easy to do.

2. Munging headlines when *writing* @auto files.

This is surprisingly important, especially when converting existing @file
trees to @auto trees, as I have learned from experience ;-)

The problem is that the unls in @organizer: and @clones nodes depend on the
headlines of the nodes *in the outline*.  The unls will break if the
headlines produced by *the importer* don't match those unls.  There are two
cases to consider:

A.  Section references.  At present, Leo will abort the writing of an @auto
tree that contains section references.  Instead, Leo could write the
expansion of the section reference.  In practice, changing section
definition nodes to ordinary nodes by hand isn't a big deal, but it would
be nice for Leo to do that for the user.

B. Headlines for classes, methods and functions.

This is the important case.  Most of my headlines look like x.y (z), where
x is some kind of indication of the class and y is the actual class, method
or function name and z is a optional comment.  When converting from @file
to @auto *all* of the organizers will break unless the headline becomes
just "y".

Probably the best solution is to ask the importer what name it will give to
the node.  Yes, this involves parsing the contents of the node. It will
likely require a new interface method of the baseScannerClass.