As you may have guessed from my posting on 2014-03-22, so far as I have
been able to determine, the only time these Gtk-CRITICAL errors occur is
when a button created by the mod_scripting.py plugin is clicked--and they
occur every time such a button is clicked.

I enabled the trace at

/home/ldi/git/leo-editor/leo/core/LeoPyRef.leo#Code-->Qt gui-->@file
../plugins/qtGui.py-->Frame and component classes...-->class
leoQtFrame-->class qtIconBarClass-->add (qtIconBarClass)

        def button_callback(c=c,command=command):
            g.trace('command',command.__name__)
            val = command()
            if c.exists:
                # c.bodyWantsFocus()
                c.outerUpdate()
            return val

And determined that the Gtk-CRITICAL errors occur after the button is
clicked and before button_callback() is called.  That is, the errors occur
in code that is not in Leo-Editor.  None the less, the mod_scripting.py
plugin is certainly causing the errors.

Note that the errors are GTK errors, but Leo-Editor uses PyQt4, not GTK ---
except for themes.  That is, the problem is probably caused by how the
mod_scripting.py plugin "styles" its buttons.  I expect these errors to
only occur on systems that are "GTK themed" such as the Xubuntu64 14.04
which I currently use.

These errors occur for Python 2.7 and Python 3.4.  For each button click
using Python 2.7, I see two errors.  For each button click using Python
3.4, I see four errors.

I'm currently out of ideas for finding this bug.  I hope someone else will
find this bug soon.  I don't know when I'll return to it.