On Mon, 19 May 2014 21:08:22 -0700 (PDT)
nakedmind <eric.medina.atie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:06:04 PM UTC+8, Terry wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 15 May 2014 14:19:21 +0200
> > dufriz <duf...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> >
> > > I have tried that plugin too. It's nice, but as far as I remember
> > > it does not support embedded pictures.
> >
> > I think it will, depends on how it's set up, it's just an embedding
> > of http://ckeditor.com/
> >

> The richtext plugin is nice and i think will be super useful to me.
> However, instead of manually having to open and close the editor, i
> think it could be better and more convenient to define a @richtext
> node which will automatically select the richtext editor as its body
> editor. No need to manually open/close the richtext editor. The html
> source can be saved as an attribute of the node.

Here are the docs. - I think it already does what you're proposing.

Leo.plugins.richtext

richtext.py - Rich text editing

This plugin allows you to use CKEditor to edit rich text in Leo. Text
is stored as HTML in Leo nodes.

richtext.py provides these Alt-X commands (also available from Plugins
-> richtext menu):

cke-text-close
  Close the rich text editor, unhide the regular editor.
cke-text-open
  Open the rich text editor, hide the regular editor.
cke-text-switch
  Switch between regular and rich text editor.
cke-text-toggle-autosave
  Toggle autosaving of changes when you leave a node. Be careful not to
  convert plain text (e.g. source code) to rich text unintentionally.
  As long as you make no edits, the original text will not be changed.
  Unless autosaving is enabled, you must confirm saving of edits each
  time you edit a node with the rich text editor.

@rich in the headline or first few lines (1000 characters) of a node or
its ancestors will automatically open the rich text editor. @norich
cancels this action. Manually opened editors are not affected.

richtext.py uses these @settings:

@bool richtext_cke_autosave = False
Set this to True for rich text edits to be saved automatically.

BE CAREFUL - plain-text nodes will be converted to rich text without
confirmation if you edit them in rich text mode when this is True.

@data richtext_cke_config

Configuration info. for CKEditor, see
http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/guide/dev_configuration the content of this
node is the javascript object passed to CKEDITOR.replace() as it’s
second argument. The version supplied in LeoSettings.leo sets up a
sensible toolbar. To enable all CKEditor toolbar features copy this
setting to myLeoSettings.leo and remove the default content, i.e. make
this node blank, then CKEditor will generate a toolbar with all
available features.

To make a button to toggle the editor on and off, use:

@button rich
  c.k.simulateCommand('cke-text-switch')

Cheers -Terry