Hi folks,

My latest job has been dragging me, (sometimes) kicking and screaming, up
the steep learning curve of the venerated Ember.js framework.

This means that I could at some point soon be in a position to start
tinkering with an in-browser application, with a very Leo-like front end,
together with a back-end API and server app which updates a stored .leo
file and its generated files.

This of course raises numerous issues of concurrency and conflict
management, on which I'd be keen for some discussion.

One thought I've had is for the web app to have all nodes, by default,
flagged as read-only. If wanting to edit a node's contents, a hot-key sends
a 'lock request' to the server, gets an "ok" or "not ok" response. If ok,
then the user can then start editing the node, until s/he 'saves' the node,
which then releases the lock.

The concept of a 'lock' would mean the exclusive ability to edit a node's
existence, contents and child nodes.

Any thoughts? Forgive me if it's been discussed n times before.

Cheers
David