For those who didn't get to try it, the link was to an in-browser
remote desktop session running Leo with its regular PyQt interface.
It's gone now, too big a hole to leave open very long.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 17:23:19 +0200
Fidel N <fidelpe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> wow its great, isnt that what everyone is talking about?

Not exactly, it's basically a remote desktop session which can be
accessed from a browser, with Leo running in the session.

My thought is that if you have a server which can run leoBridge, it may
also be able to run a virtual desktop with the Qt gui as well.

I guess the assumption is that leoBridge will run headless with minimal
python libraries, so it could be run on a range of web accessible
computers, and the javascript interface is needed to interact with it,
and in general I'd say that's true.

The assumption is that running leoBridge is a lower bar than running
PyQt and a virtual desktop of some kind, and that's probably true,
although I feel I'm now doomed to spend time trying to get this to run
on my Raspberry PI http://www.raspberrypi.org/ :-)

> Is it easy to setup?

Yes, I created a user on an Ubuntu machine, to get a default set of
limited rights, including not having access to my personal files...
which I realize isn't the case... plug pulled :-}

Anyway, I then had that user run a vncserver instance, which is not
really a virtual machine as such,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Network_Computing the word virtual
is a misnomer here.  And run Leo on the desktop of the vncserver.

Then I set up https://github.com/kanaka/noVNC to provide web access,
using the ``./utils/launch.sh --vnc localhost:5901`` proxy for access
to the vncserver.

Anyway, it was just an experiment - if you have a web attached server
which can run vnc and PyQt, you can use full Leo online anyway, but the
javascript interface is needed for cases where your server can only run
leoBridge.

Although I think it's untested, the assumption would be that the basic
Python environment available in many hosted servers could run leoBridge.

Cheers -Terry