Not sure about the reboot part, that hasn't happened to me. I'm guessing
there was an in-use file that prompted the reboot, (Have you installed a
program graphically and had the installer prompt similar to *"Please close
program X to continue. [Ignore] (replace after reboot), [Retry], [Cancel]"*
?) perhaps this:

"Write-Error : easy.install did not finish successfully. Boo to the
chocolatey gods!"

As for hosing your Python27, it looks like Choco doesn't check to see
what's there already and will happily install 64bit Python over an existing
32bit. I wouldn't be surprised if this is repeated with other programs. It
seems to keep it's own separate list of installed programs under
C:\ProgamData\Chocolatey\lib.

The log also says PyQt4 was already installed; maybe the posted log wasn't
the first run?

Chocolatey (v0.9.8.27) is installing 'pyqt4' and dependencies. By
installing you accept the license for 'pyqt4' and each
 dependency you are installing.
'pyqt4 4.10.3.20130918' already installed.

This next part is my bad for not describing, and broken anyway:

C:\Windows\System32>move C:\Python27 D:\Python27
The device is not ready.

It moves to another location, a usb drive for instance, and then runs from
there. (It's a test to see if the "portable" part really works). Here's a
fixed version, change "X:" to whatever your non-system test drive is:

xcopy /s/i C:\Python27 X:\Python27
move C:\Python27 xx-orig_Python27
pushd X:\Python27
python -c "import leo.core.runLeo; leo.core.runLeo.run()"

matt