On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:16:55 AM UTC-7, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 10:12 AM, 'Terry Brown' via leo-editor
> <leo-e...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> >

> > Also take the opportunity to switch to a current time, rather than
> > session start time, timestamp, that would be nice.
>
> It's on the list.  It fits in well with coming changes to the NodeIndices
> class.

I see the appeal of "current time," but making this switch almost certainly
requires losing the benefit of minimizing the node index by only
considering GNX's with the "session start time."  The change of time zone
or daylight saving could cause times after the session start time to equal
times in already existing GNX's.

Or do you want to do a complete scan to determine the minimum unused node
index before every node creation that changes the time stamp?
---------
New Topic:

Early in this thread, you seemed concerned, once again, about one GNX being
used in two different files.  This should not concern you.  It doesn't
bother Leo-Editor at all.  It does happen all the time.  For example, I
just copied a Leo-Editor file and then opened both copies in one Leo-Editor
session.  Leo was happy.  I was happy.  When I copied a node from copy1 and
pasted it into copy2 "retaining clones", it became a clone in copy2.  I was
happy.  This is what I would expect.

For your benefit and the benefit of Leo-Editor users, you need to make this
clearer in the Leo-Editor documentation.