Sounds like you are describing a DSE, Domain Specific Editor, which would
be customized for the requirements of a framework such as Sphinx or Django.
A myLeoSettings.leo file would contain buttons, menus, commands, bindings etc.
specific to the project.

Not too simple, not feature overwhelming, just right.

The fs tree generator sounds like the 'skeleton' concept
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/skeleton/