On Friday, December 5, 2014 6:18:51 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> the following settings will make the outline pane have a black background
> with white headlines.  The selected node will have a blue background::
>
>     @color tree-bg = black
>     @color tree-fg = white
>
>     @color edit-label-bg = blue
>     @color edit-label-fg = white

The tree widget indicators that show whether a node has children become
almost invisible in this scheme.  I looked in vain for about an hour for a
stylesheet element that would give them a different background when *not*
selected.  So an "all-black" scheme hardly shows those indicators unless
you mouse over them.