On 1/14/2015 7:31 AM, Edward K. Ream wrote:
Web apps are connected to severs that (surprise) actually serve up content (from data bases or news feeds or something else). But what would wLeo serve up? Well, a .leo file, presumably on a *local* machine. That being so, we might as well use Leo on that local file. Just like vim and emacs do. Yes, we could imagine a collaborative Leo working on shared .leo files, but that seems pretty much a fantasy.
Just my $0.02, so feel free to ignore, but...

This is a fallacy.  wLeo could access .leo files in a variety of spaces:

  - Local files
  - github repos
  - elsewhere in 'the cloud' (DropBox?  SpiderOak?)
  - stored on a private server

This is nothing that the desktop Leo couldn't do with a bit of work and some clever plugins, that much is true. But here's the kicker: Leo doesn't run in web browsers. *Any* platform with a modern, standards compliant web browser would be able to run wLeo, **with no installation**. That last point is a big one. This means that *one single codebase* will run on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Blackberry OS, Windows Phone, Tizen, Mozilla/Firefox OS, etc, with no complicated user installation. I believe a web frontend for Leo (which is all wLeo would need to be) would be an absolute boon to the community... existing web-based outliners just don't cut it, imo.

But... this is a long road to go down.

-->Jake