On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Brad <brad.reisf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can any of the lessons learned and infrastructure from the IPython
> notebook and project Jupyter (https://jupyter.org/) be of use?

​Excellent question.​

​I hadn't known about jupyter ​until just now, but it's derived from
IPython so let's pretend for the moment that similar remarks apply to both.

I've thought about this question recently.  Here are my present thoughts.

IPython is quite different from Leo. The IPython notebook can and does
write .nb files in a "private" format.  Yes, .nb files can be shared, but
the goal of notebooks isn't to create files but to use IPython.

The collaboration model for IPython and Leo are different.  Presumably, one
would not use git on .nb files, though I suppose one could.

In short, studying IPython's code would be useful *if* we knew we wanted
wLeo, but the success of IPython's notebook does not mean that wLeo is
useful.