This topic was already raised in an old post [1]. I want to pick up that
idea again.

Briefly, the idea is about using two tree panes, side-by-side, to perform
basic file management operations, in the style of old two-pane file
managers (like Norton Commander, or more recently the FAR file manager).
I guess the crucial question here is: can Leo support two tree panes at the
same time?
If so, we are basically only one step away from having file management
capabilities in Leo, potentially.

Given that Emacs has been adapted to do everything, and Leo is following
pretty much the same path, why not to adapt Leo to serve as a basic file
manager too? I am saying 'basic', thinking of the most basic functions,
namely copying, moving, renaming and deleting. That's not asking much, I
hope.

Anyone of the developers feels stimulated enough by this idea to pick up
the challenge?

[1]
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/leo-editor/norton/leo-editor/dCRsE244dqQ/YjpvMZaXzRYJ