On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Viktor Ransmayr <viktor.ransm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Leo 5.3 was working fine for me for quite some time.
>
> Without any (known) changes Leo stopped working :-(
>
> Here are the relevant tracebacks
>
> <TB-01>

​[snip]​

>   File "C:\Users\Viktor\Programs\leo53\leo\core\leoGlobals.py", line 5910,
> in
> ​​
> os_path_finalize
>     path = os.path.abspath(path)
>   File "C:\Python35\lib\ntpath.py", line 535, in abspath
>     path = _getfullpathname(path)
> ValueError: _getfullpathname: embedded null character
> PS C:\Users\Viktor\worklogs>

​
It seems there is a null character in one of your file names.

True, Leo should probably handle such things.  It might be a change to
_getfullpathname (that is, a change to Python 3.5) or it might be that
somehow a null character has found its way into one of your file names.

> ​Any ideas?

Find out what path is actually passed to ​g.os_path_finalize.  You could
insert a call to g.trace(repr(path)) and see.

Edward​