I think it is more likely that a browser-based *front-end *can be achieved,
rather than trying to host Leo itself in the browser. In this way you could
host *your* Leo from your home/work computer or a cloud instance. The
thought of this is pretty exciting to me.

I believe that Flexx <http://flexx.readthedocs.io/en/latest/> could be used
effectively to achieve this. The main benefit I see is that it is a pure
python library which has the implication of not requiring PyQt as a
dependency, potentially improving deployability. It is very much in
development so I would guard against any heavy development with it quite
yet.

As a clarification, I'm not saying that anyone *should* work on such a
front-end, but that I believe this library would *enable* one to.