​​On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 8:43 PM, 'Terry Brown' via leo-editor <
leo-editor@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> I tried changing all the @file headline text to @auto in LeoPy.leo to
> see if it could import the Leo codebase, but the experiment's not that
> straight forward.  Maybe you'd have a better idea of what would be
> needed to make that test work.

​I've thought of doing that.  The script would write all of Leo's core
files, without sentinels, to a temporary directory, and then use the @auto
import logic on each temporary file.​

​Importer.trial_write writes the imported outline without sentinels​, so
that's what I would adapt for the script, or maybe even use as is.

This test that should be run, at least once. Feel free to give it a try.
I'll be glad to help if there problems.

Some files that already were @auto seemed good though.

> > Giving my hands a rest is now urgent, so I'll take a break from
> > programming for several days.
>
> That's not what `git log` says :-}

​Heh.  It's unbearable not to finish what I've worked so long on,
regardless of discomfort.  Besides ice, I am being mindful about what
causes additional pain.

First I'll be unifying the code, by moving as much as possible into the
base Importer class.  This the proper, and best, way.

Next, I'll explain, with examples, how to create an importer for a new
language. Of course, converting all existing importers to the new code base
will be the best kind of example. I'll do that asap.