I downloaded the new code base to try out the new importers.  (Leo 5.4,
december 8th)

I am seeing extended stalling of different parts of the program, where
everything freezes and the program does not respond to keypresses or mouse
clicks.  The stall lasts for up to 30 seconds or a minute, then things
start working again.  It seems to happen at random intervals.  I don't have
to be doing anything, sometimes I am just looking at a node, or navigating
the tree and it freezes.

I have seen it happen when editting nodes, and also when I am in the
file|import any menu item.  It doesn't really seem to matter what I am
doing at the time.  And if I run leo from the terminal, I don't see any
error messages there.  The file I am editting is fairly large (1.15 MBytes)

I am running on Windows 7, python 2.7

If I revert to using leo 5.1 final from October 20th, the problem goes away.