On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:56:28 -0800 (PST)
Curtis Carlsen <ccarlsen....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the new code base to try out the new importers.  (Leo
> 5.4, december 8th)
>
> I am seeing extended stalling of different parts of the program,
> where everything freezes and the program does not respond to
> keypresses or mouse clicks.  The stall lasts for up to 30 seconds or
> a minute, then things start working again.  It seems to happen at
> random intervals.  I don't have to be doing anything, sometimes I am
> just looking at a node, or navigating the tree and it freezes.
>
> I have seen it happen when editting nodes, and also when I am in the
> file|import any menu item.  It doesn't really seem to matter what I
> am doing at the time.  And if I run leo from the terminal, I don't
> see any error messages there.  The file I am editting is fairly large
> (1.15 MBytes)

Hi Curtis,

Are you editing the whole 1.15 MBytes in a single node?  I think Leo
would struggle with that.  If not, then I'm not sure what might be
causing your problem.

If you do have everything in one node, you can probably break it up
with a layout like:

   @clean myfile.dat
        "@others"
     node1
        "text for node 1"
     node2
        "text for node 2"
     node3
        "text for node 3"

where the top node would literally just be "@others", but the other
nodes would be much larger chunks of text.

> I am running on Windows 7, python 2.7
>
> If I revert to using leo 5.1 final from October 20th, the problem
> goes away.

Hmm, so it works in an earlier Leo... I guess we need a more detailed
description of what you're editing - if you could share the file that
would help.