On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 22:28:36 -0800 (PST)
jon h <jon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> It's only a couple of days since I started trying to use Leo.
> Can't use it after dark until there's a dark theme working. :)
>
> On Sunday, 5 March 2017 21:55:43 UTC+10, lewis wrote:
> >
> > The ekr_dark theme ... reloads at restart.
> > The outline and log pane retain a white background.
>
> Same result for me.
>
> I also tried "leo_dark theme 0",
> and both of them persisted between restarts of Leo.
>
> Most changes took effect as soon as I did Reload Styles.
> Qt interface changes didn't happen until Leo was restarted.
>
> With ekr_dark, only the text pane was dark,
> so I went back to playing with "leo_dark theme 0".
>
> Yesterday, with dark 0, I had replaced some
> "@solarized-" names with a #hexvalue, and they took effect.

Hi Jon.  I'm using the "@solarized-" names, and they're working ok, I
don't think that part of the theme machinery is damaged.  But note that
those names aren't built into Leo, they have to be defined in
@settings, so if you copied the @data qt-gui-plugin-style-sheet node
without copying the section of settings that defines them, they won't
work.

In my old personal settings I have them defined in their own nodes in
@settings, e.g. a node with headline

  @color solarized-yellow = #b58900

and and empty (and irrelevant) body.

According to leoSettings.leo it's also possible to define them in a
comment in the stylesheet definition, but that's only done in dark 1
and dark 2, not dark 0.

Cheers -Terry