On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 4:26:41 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

I am about to refactor Leo's the @theme trees in leoSettings.leo into an
> unchanging *base *part, and a few *overrides *for each theme. Themes will
> be defined by their overrides.

After several hours of work, I am convinced this is the only way to make
sense of themes.

The question is, what to do with the existing incomprehensible themes? I'll
probably retain the mac-centric theme, just as it is, for now.  I may
attempt a refactoring later.

I plan to create two new themes:

1. @theme base dark. This will be the basis for all future dark themes.  It
will use the existing solarized background colors, named *explicitly*.
Another level of indirection in naming would be more confusing, not less.

2. @theme EKR dark.  This will contain copies of the *base *settings and
base stylesheet, with a few (about 10 overrides).

I'll deprecate the other dark themes.

Please remember that none of these changes affect themes in
myLeoSettings.leo. The changes affect only future themes.

Your comments, please.