On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 8:11:08 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

Several new features do stand out:

> - Better integration with .org files, say by supporting .leo.org or
> org.leo files.

Still important.

> - Replace attrib_edit by p.drawer.
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fleo-editor%2Fleo-editor%2Fissues%2F414&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEeNL_-NaNOAPoZeRNB27OhUolW7g>

Ditto. I think a pop-up edit widget showing p.drawer will suffice. The
import/export code for .org files should set p.draws. p.drawer will likely
be a Python property, using uA's behind the scenes.

*New item*: Support p.results.  Again, p.results will be a Python property,
using uA's behind the scenes.  Unlike p.drawer, results will not
necessarily be strings. Any picklable values should be allowed, and
possibly versioned sequences of values.

- Support for pyzo's client/server based shell.  It this needed? Do
> valuespace or python_console plugins suffice?

These seem like the wrong questions.  Simplicity of implementation is a red
herring.  What matters is compatibility, especially with the Jupyter server
and the IPython qt console <https://qtconsole.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>.

The qt console <https://qtconsole.readthedocs.io/en/latest/> page contains
several important topics that are not reflected in the sidebar, including
security
<https://qtconsole.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#security>and embedding the qt
console in a qt application
<https://qtconsole.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#embedding-the-qtconsole-in-a-qt-application>.

As a result, it's quite difficult to find these important words. Not sure
whether this is read-the-docs problem or an oversight on the part of the
Jupyter project.

None of the embedding options seem perfect. It's not clear what the way
forward with IPython/Jupyter compatibility.  Leo already has support for
IPython, and recent IPython distros have support for Jupyter, so maybe
little or nothing is needed. But it would be cool to support the IPython
In/Out nodes mechanism in Leo's body pane, with integrated support for
graphics, magics, etc.