On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 12:16:46 -0700 (PDT)
john lunzer <lun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not trying to manipulate anyone into somehow getting Leo onto the
> command line.

If you can manipulate someone into doing this, please do ;-)  I'd love
to have command line Leo too.  I work on marginal connections too -
just quick enough to make putting up with laggy X11 forwarding doable,
but tty would be nice.

> I'm just reporting in from deep on the front lines as
> somebody who loves and appreciates Leo and misses it sorely.

You've probably thought of these things, and they're much easier if
your local machine is linux, not Windows, but you could sshfs mount the
remote machines and use Leo locally.  Or look at Jake's @sftp plugin,
which is a sort of push / pull approach.

I think the "what does it take to write alternative interfaces for Leo"
discussion is worthwhile.  Command line, web based, the edit pane
component I've been working on... all variations on that theme.

I think the tricky bits are things like key handling and abbreviations
and so on.  But not everything has to be supported everywhere.