On Fri, 12 May 2017 11:11:03 -0700 (PDT)
Lang Hurst <grak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I just spent a few days looking at Leo after seeing a post of
> Mr. Reams on the npyscreen group. Leo looks pretty damn cool. The
> problem is I don't do much coding anymore. I mostly just use vimwiki
> to manage my website, but mostly for organizing my notes and writing
> papers. I've been writing the papers in LaTex while in vimwiki and
> then compiling it from there. Seems like I could use Leo to do most
> of this. Before I spend more time though, am I using this tool in a
> way that doesn't make sense? Is there anyone who does this? I can see
> how awesome Leo could be for straight up writing, but just wondering
> how or if people utilize it outside of that or just python
> programming.

I think a lot of people use Leo for non-coding / writing type
purposes.  I've been writing papers via Leo -> markdown -> pandoc,
which uses LaTeX for PDF output.

Not familiar with vimwiki so not sure how much automation that's
bringing to the LaTeX writing process.  Leo's abbreviations can be
helpful, e.g. expanding something like fig;; to

\begin{figure}<rest of useful template>\end{figure}

Not aware of any particular pre-view apparatus, but it's very easy to
write button scripts that generate a doc. being viewed in PDF preview
or whatever.