On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Terry Brown <terrynbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

​​
> for example a test of paragraph rejustification might be easier to
> write if you didn't have to account for different user preferences on
> text width - that sort of thing.

​I agree​.  Happily, there is a straightforward way.

The @test reformat-paragraph* tests all look like:

# Required when running tests externally
@language plain
@pagewidth 40
@tabwidth 8

c.testManager.runEditCommandTest(p)

where the children of these nodes specify the actual tests.

We should be a able to simplify this to, say,

c.testManager.runReformatCommandTest(p)

The new runReformatCommandTest method would instantiate a new subclass of
Unittest.TestCase, say ReformatTestCase, whose setup/teardown methods would
handle user settings.

I have just created #577
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/577>for this enhancement.