This post documents the biggest mistake I have made in the last decade or
so.

This mistake is akin to my initial misunderstanding of emacs.  I didn't
realize that tab completion makes it unnecessary to remember or type full
emacs command names.  I would seen my error had I seen an emacs user in
action. BH (LeoUser) opened my eyes with his prototype of Leo's minibuffer.

Similarly, javascript's real problems have blinded me to the huge amount of
work done in the the javascript "space", namely the internet.  Joe Orr's
LeoVue project has set me straight. Packages such as node.js, vue.js,
react, etc. establish their own "coding conventions" that set de facto
standards and minimize the problems and deficiencies of "bare" javascript.
I would have seen my error had I paid more attention to what has been
happening.

I have started my study of node.js and vue.js.  This will continue
indefinitely.  Just today I have started to study the leovue/src folder.
It's a new world.  I find it exciting.  It's going to be a hobby of mine
while I continue to work on the desktop version of Leo.  I recommend close
study of the code to anyone wanting to come up to speed on web technologies.

Edward

P. S. A node of caution.  If I were designing a hothouse for malware, I
would choose something like the npm package warehouse.  A search for "npm
malware" yields this page
<http://blog.npmjs.org/post/163723642530/crossenv-malware-on-the-npm-registry>.

Presumably Joe Orr is aware of the risks.

The node.js people do not seem even remotely concerned enough. Hiding
behind the halting problem is pathetic nonesense. They might start by
studying the notion of trusted notebooks
<https://ipython.org/ipython-doc/3/notebook/security.html> in the Jupyter
world.