Well, obviously we don't agree on what "reasonably" imported code look
like. I have had encountered dozens of js files that *are* imported
correctly in terms that they can be written again with the file content
unchanged, but they all suffered from creating too many or too few nodes
and I had to import them by hand.

Attached to this message are two files one Leo file trying to import the
other js file. Put them in the same folder and try import. It fails, it
leaves a lot of created nodes with arguably ugly names. No developer would
ever name those nodes like importer does, nor he would structure the tree
like that if he were creating that file using Leo from the beginning.  For
me, reasonably imported file must be something close to what a developer
would have if he wrote the same source file directly in Leo.

So, I can partially agree that current implementation of js importer can
import some of the source files, but I personally find those imports
useless most of the time. I have to reshape the tree so much that it turned
to be more efficient to import whole file in one node and then to extract
pieces by hand.

YMMV, Vitalije

PS: it seems that the js file attachment is refused. It can be found on
github. I have just renamed it to jqterm.js.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jcubic/jquery.terminal/master/js/jquery.terminal.js