> An alternative might be to use interprocess communication between python
> and electron.  This might be a client server architecture, or something
> else.  This is a completely open question, imo.
>
> Your comments please, Amigos.
>
> Edward

IMHO this is the way to go inter-process communication between regular
python process and electron application. Embedding python into node, (IMHO)
would bring too many complications and gain very little. Using ordinary
python installation for running background process and exposing Leo API
would allow usage of all python libraries including extensions written in
C. In fact, I trust Leo API could be exposed in a single plugin. In that
case electron application can spawn python process to open Leo using
nullGui with enabled plugin for exposing Leo API. The rest of development
would go in electron app.
Vitalije