On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 7:25:45 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> For me, #1 [The hello world app
<https://electronjs.org/docs/tutorial/quick-start#write-your-first-electron-app>]

might take the most time, and will likely be the most valuable.

Well, it was easy.  I had already installed node.js. The info issue #703:
Running the hello world electron app on Windows
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/703> tells what else I
did, and mentions a newbie mistake with npm install.

I agree with Terry that electron is only one of several candidates for the
way forward.

Imo, the important thing at this time is to look for *quick* experiments.
There is a huge difference between reading about electron and actually
seeing the hello world app in action.  It's pretty cool: a browser comes up
with the js debugger active.