Just a few quick notes, will add more later.

For those working on the electron approach, did you see this:
https://www.fyears.org/2017/02/electron-as-gui-of-python-apps-updated.html

I'm swamped with a new project so I won't be able to work on this for a
bit. But I am planning on adding form.io support to Leo Vue soon, will post
on that later.

About Leo Vue, it is not Leo and it is not a desktop app. It is only a
viewer of Leo files, it allows you to make a web app using Leo as an
editor. It has plenty of features that wouldn't make sense in an editor,
like subtrees as nodes, summary nodes etc. Not sure if any benefit to
making it a desktop app.

Why make an electron version of Leo:
1. Get the modern look and feel that people expect. The Leo editor maybe
doesn't really need any UI improvements, but I think the current look of
Leo gives newcomers the impression that the program is dated, although it
isn't.
2. Widgets like the ACE editor, or for that matter, the entire Atom editor.
Atomic Leo could be a fork of Atom.

A web based version of Leo would be an entirely new category of app. I'm
sure it would be cool but I'm not sure what exactly it would be. How does
the file diff feature fit in here? Certainly you could make a node + web
outiner that would allow creation of cloned outlines, collaboration on tree
creation, put everything in mongo etc. This would be a different tool than
Leo tho.

Joe