On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 13:02:06 -0800 (PST)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Leo's look is very important, both as a lure to newbies and as a
> source of joy (or otherwise) to experienced users.
>
> Terry suggests Leo's stodgy look could be improved with better Qt
> style sheets.  Surely we can do better, but I, with my geriatric
> eyes, am not the one to do it.
>
> Would substantial prizes would encourage development?  I am thinking
> of $250 each for the best looking Linux and Windows style sheets.
>
> Any comments?  Any potential contestants?

We might need to specify what style we're looking for.  Something more
like MS Office / Google Docs.?  Sublime Text 2 maybe?  The GitHub
Desktop interface?

Also, styles change but not always for the best - I'm noticing a lot of
gray on gray stuff on web pages these days that I find very annoying.
Young designers on high spec. monitors thinking that everyone's seeing
what they're seeing.  [Steps down from soapbox, gingerly, to avoid a
fall]  :-)