On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 12:49:48 PM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>

>> - No need for sourceforge, pyinstaller, windows installer.
>>>

>> The only significant advantage of those installers over the pip install
>> route is desktop integration (menu and desktop links, file type
>> association). This could be done from inside Leo via a settings menu
>> item[0], though I'm not sure about the effort/profit ratio due to varying
>> operating systems and elevation privileges.
>>

> ​Leo already has assoc.exe, which iirc does all this.

I can't find assoc.exe in the source code for Leo. Where is it? What does
it do?

I do find in the *scripts* folder within the Leo source code files
*register-leo.leox* and *unregister-leo.leox *- these handle Windows
Registry entries for using *launchLeo.py* for a simple one of the (many!)
scenarios supported by Microsoft. Are these scripts deprecated, or are they
in active use?

If they are in active use, they might be extended to make for easier
testing of Leo, and more flexible use.