On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 18:46:12 -0800 (PST)
Thomas Passin <tbp100...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you happen to know if it's feasible to use QML widgets in Leo?  I
> don't know either Qt or QML, but much of the PyQt code I see in Leo
> looks very painful, a steep learning curve to climb.  I remember when
> I wrote my Matplotlib graphics plotting and calculator program,
> finding out how to do even simple things in Matplotlib gave me fits.
> It's mostly because there is so much *stuff* in there, it's hard to
> find what you really need to do and how to do the details.  It's
> obviously similar for Qt, and for similar reasons.

I think a long time ago Ville wrote something in QML in Leo but I'm not
sure.  It might have been a sort of continuous scrolling column of body
editors that I remember being a bit more reactive / animated than
regular Qt UI elements.

Being fairly used to Qt I don't find it difficult to code in.  OTOH
maybe a modern browser based GUI system - well, really "HTML" CSS is a
lot better than Qt's Stylesheet system I think.  With Qt 5.8 breaking
the ~= operator it's hard to even emulate CSS classes well.

Cheers -Terry