> Maybe, but this would make fc.getOutlineFromClipboard less self contained.
> This matters, because it can be called from several places, including the
> read logic.
>
> I can't see why that would be the case? Can you explain why would
getOutlineFromClipboard become less self contained if it returns vnode
instance instead of position?

As a matter of fact I remember that I have replaced one particular call to
this method with the call to another getVnodeFromClipboard especially to
prevent it from calling c.selectPosition during the initialization before
tree becomes ready. It is fully self-contained and can be called from
anywhere and doesn't affect c state in any way.