On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 04:07:05 -0800 (PST)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Older versions of Leo switched colors using code.  It will be
> necessary to do so again. We can't wait for Qt to fix this problem.

I don't think using code is essential, although it's an option.

>From #804:

        Seeing that bug shows no signs of being fixed, we might have to degrade
        to something like

        QLineEdit#status1[info="true"]

        which would mean code changes too.

So yes of course code will change, but styling can still be managed by the
stylesheet and won't require setting / updating / reloading of any separate
@color info_color = fuchsia kind of thing.

I can take a quick look if it helps.  I did introduce the use of the ~=
operator, which makes Qt stylesheets more like their more mature cousin, CSS
stylesheets.