On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 9:44 AM Terry Brown <terrynbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I see there's already a style branch - I don't want to duplicate effort,
> let me
> know if you want me to address this issue.

Rev e2da49 in the style branch allows the status area to be recolored as
needed without using css classes.  This uses the following existing
settings, which themes should set:

@color status-bg, @color status-fg
@color find-found-bg, @color find-not-found-bg

These settings have always been around.  What's changed is exactly what
they do, which is to set colors directly, rather than set a style class in
the status area.

I'm not sure whether this is a real change.  I suspect it is.  I'll be
updating the .leo files in leo/themes.

In theory, I suppose, setting a style class is more flexible, but here we
are dealing with a Qt bug, so limiting ourselves to a simple workaround is
plenty good enough. The only actual change to code was in
QtStatusLineClass.put_helper.

Please test the style branch and report any problems.