I fixed the original cause of #1265
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1265> only to run into a
more tricky problem: `binascii.Error: Incorrect padding` in sn_decode
function.

The fixes suggested here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2941995/python-ignore-incorrect-padding-error-when-base64-decoding>do

not work as is. Perhaps the input string must be converted to a b64_string
first. As you can see, this is a tricky topic.  I am stuck, and would like
some help.

I'll entertain fixes to this issue *only* before Leo 6.0 goes out the door
this coming Friday.  Otherwise, this issue will wait until Leo 6.1.