On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 4:38 PM Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After playing with black for a bit, I quite like it. The only thing I've
> seen it change that I haven't wholesale agreed with is dedenting "next line
> comments".

This doesn't bother me.  In this black issue, amb states:

"Comments are not and will not be hand-edited by Black. Black is not able
to understand if the comment is safe to rewrap. Use your editor to re-flow
the comments which *are* safe and Black will respect your edit."

This is probably good enough for me, though I haven't actually blackened
much.  We'll see.

I am dithering whether to add black-like line breaking to Leo's own
(faster) beautify command.  I think I have to do it, just as a
possibly-useful experiment.  If the experiment works, we can insert any
desired options, regardless of what the black devs think about such things
;-)

Important: Leo will support @int blacken-max-line-length, default (I think)
88.  This is one of the few black options, and it is the crucial one.