The way is now clear for close integration with Leo and either emacs org
mode or vimoutline.  Similar remarks apply to both, so I'll just discuss
org mode here.

I have been assuming that supporting Leo in emacs would require
transliterating much of Leo's core into elisp.  But that's not so!  An org
mode champion only need tweak org mode so it communicates with Leo. Using
Leo's bridge, elisp code would request various *Leonine services*.
Examples of such services are:

- Update the Leo outline when the org mode outline changes.
- Update external files using Leo's existing python code.
- Request a unique gnx for a new node.

The elisp code could request these Leonine services when saving the org
mode file, whenever an org mode node changes, or at other times.

*Python wrappers provide Leonine services*

An org mode champion need only define simple (python) wrappers (in Leo)
that provide these services.* There should be no need to transliterate
Leo's python code into elisp!*

*Summary*

The proposed interaction between org mode (or vimoutline) and Leonine
services is a momentous breakthrough in Leo's history.

Perhaps only a page or two of elisp (or vimscript) code would be needed,
and a page or two of python code.