On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 11:23 AM Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

gitk shows the following labels on this branch:  v6.0, v6.1-dev,
>> 6.0-final-rel, master, remotes/origin/6.0-final-rev,
>> remotes/origin/master.  But not remotes/origin/v6.0.  Is that a problem?
>>

> I'm seeing the same with gitk and I honestly don't know if it's a problem.
> I was hoping you knew! At any rate, v6.0 self published to PyPi so Travis
> is fine with it. I guess we just keep going and wait and see. :)

Yes.  I think this is a good plan.

In black branch I just added black module as a dependency. In retrospect I
> can see it's better to wait until the active dev churn has dropped down
> before pitching something else in.

In future, base all your branches on devel, and only make changes to devel
(if you're sure) or in one of your own branches, based on devel.  That way
you won't step on anyone's toes.