vim mode has a very huge disadvantage that it also tried apply itself when
outline were edited. this is very uncommon and inconvenient.
i also recently looked through the supported commands in vim mode - too a
few. one will be always stumble when using it.
if thinking about saving vim mode in leo - then need to think how to
greatly enhance it. which is really may be done only with injecting of
almost-full-featured vim engine like pyvim
<https://github.com/prompt-toolkit/pyvim>.
if you retire vim mode - i would be missing it but i am still unable to
imagine how i can use it on a regular basis.
and unfortunately there's no developer on the horizon who wishes to make
leo behave similar to vim.
so looks like there's no other way but get rid of it.