On Friday, March 6, 2020 at 10:51:02 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> Rev 6269bab in the gnx branch follows Bob's third solution, more or less.
Here are the details:

*A simpler fix*

`@test c.hiddenRootNode.fileIndex` failed with travisCI in the gnx branch.
This failure suggested an even simpler solution:

>>> LeoFrame.createFirstTreeNode now *always* sets gnx to
'hidden-root-vnode-gnx'.

That's all! No change needed to leoBridge.py!

With this change, c.hiddenRootNode.gnx is *always *'hidden-root-vnode-gnx'.
This "dummy" gnx never changes, and it can never conflict with a "real" gnx.

*Summary*

The fix seems almost too good to be true. That said, I believe the fix is
sound.

All unit tests now pass locally and with travisCI.

Bob, please test and report your experiences.