I have submitted a pull request for the Vewrendered3 plugin.  If anyone
wants to try it out (and find all those beta bugs for me), and you don't
want for Edward to get into devel, you can get it from the "VR3" branch my
GitHub account at

https://github.com/tbpassin/leo-editor

Please note that there are three things to get for this plugin:

1. plugins/viewrendered3.py
2. plugins/viewrendered3/  # get the entire directory (it contains two
stylesheets).
3. plugins/qt_gui.py

I recommend setting up a hot key to toggle the rendering pane on and off.
I use the following line in my @shortcuts node in MyLeoSettings.py:

vr3-toggle = Alt+0

This version of the plugin only works with docks.  So if you are using
newer versions of Leo 6.2 from devel, you will need to run Leo with
--use-docks.

So far as I know, VR3 and VR can be run at the same time.  I bind vr-toggle
to Alt+F10.  When both plugins are running, plugin docstrings and
help-for-command (F11) will display in VR3.

Note that the @setting to render MathJax is a little different than it is
for VR.  This is spelled out in the plugin help.