In my version, changing the qweb-view-font-size setting **does** change the
font size of "@language md text".  Remember that you must reload the
settings after you make a change: save your MyLeoSettings.leo file after
changing settings there, and then either restart Leo or reload the settings
using Leo's "Settings/Reload Settings/Reload-All-Settings" menu item.