On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 12:09:24 PM UTC-4, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> The fix is in the layout2 branch. The corresponding PR is #1705
> <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/pull/1705>. I have walked back
> some of the changes I made to Terry's code, but the actual cause of the
> crash is mysterious.
>
> Please test the layout2 branch and report any problems. Unlike before, I
> have tested the code with both the VR and VR3 plugins with no apparent
> problems.

The first time I opened VR3, it opened in one of those titlebar-off-screen
floating windows.  When I tried to toggle it off, Leo spewed out a
continuous stream of the following:

qt.qpa.backingstore: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed

After I closed and reopened Leo, I used the new command
vr3-use-default-layout and then VR3 opened normally in the right-hand
panel. After that it continued to open and close without errors.

Note that this was using the version of VR3 in the layout2 branch.  Using
my own slightly modified version, VR3 opened and closed correctly,
including when a floating window was opened using the splitter context menu.