On Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 5:44:17 PM UTC-5, Viktor Ransmayr wrote:

> Am Mi., 4. Nov. 2020 um 23:40 Uhr schrieb Thomas Passin <tbp1...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>>:
>
>> Odd, since for me the position is stable on the right after the default
>> layout command.
>>
>> Does "PyVE" in the paths indicate you are using a virtual environment?
>>

> Yes.
>
> Not that I can see why that would make a difference.  Let me just confirm
>> that you deleted the db apps directory.
>>

> No, not in this case. - Is it required after executing the
> 'vr3-use-standard-layout' command?

No - I closed Leo, deleted the folder, and started it again.

At the moment, I have leo 6.2.1/Python3.8 and leo 6.3b1/Python 3.9 on a
linux ubuntu VM (not in a virtual environment).  On 6.2.1, the layout works
as I described.  On 6.3b1, it worked as you described - that is, on restart
VR3 opens on the left.  I deleted the db apps directory, and now it is
opening on the right after restart (although I still had to invoke the
default layout command the first time).  I have put the
vr3-use-default-layout command in a button to make this easier.