On Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 7:17:52 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> Wow. I can see your concern. The indent-body code has these lines:
>
> # New in Leo 6.3.
> if sel_1 == sel_2:
>     c.editCommands.selfInsertCommand(event)
>     return
>
> I'll create a new issue, and (probably a new branch), that merely removes
> those lines.

Hmm. This might be a good time to replace c.updateBodyPane with the new
undoer pattern using u.before/afterChangeBody. Indeed, the indent-region
and unindent-region commands pass the evil preserveSel kwarg to
c.updateBodyPane. That is, the new issue will be a good time to remove that
kwarg and all its downstream complications. This is speculation at present.
We shall see.