tbp1...@gmail.com schrieb am Freitag, 12. März 2021 um 15:44:31 UTC+1:

> I can't help directly with Debian, but Leo works fine on my VMs running
> both Mint and Ubuntu, which are both Debian-based.  I would have thought
> that they use Debian packages directly, but maybe that's not so.

> The *PyQt5-Qt5* package that is listed in your list output is something
> I have not seen before.
>
> From the error message you got,
>
> This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
> initialized.
>
> I wonder if you are running one window manager but the installer package
> gave you the setup for a different window manager.  If so, maybe you can
> temporarily switch window managers and see if that works.

I've not changed / switched the windows manager used in the Debian 10 VM at
all!

But you are obviously correct, that the doubly 'PyQt5' as well as
'PyQtWebEngine' packages are very strange.

I'll continue work on it later in the day - and - get back as soon as I've
an explanation - or - at least some news ...

With kind regards,

Viktor