Am Fr., 12. März 2021 um 19:19 Uhr schrieb tbp1...@gmail.com <
tbp100...@gmail.com>:

> I just installed a Debian VM.  After installing Leo with pip I got exactly
> the same error message as you.  I don't know what to do with it, though.
>
> On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 12:29:34 PM UTC-5 viktor....@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> tbp1...@gmail.com schrieb am Freitag, 12. März 2021 um 15:44:31 UTC+1:
>>
>>> I can't help directly with Debian, but Leo works fine on my VMs running
>>> both Mint and Ubuntu, which are both Debian-based.  I would have thought
>>> that they use Debian packages directly, but maybe that's not so.

>>> The *PyQt5-Qt5* package that is listed in your list output is
>>> something  I have not seen before.
>>>
>>> From the error message you got,
>>>
>>> This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
>>> initialized.
>>>
>>> I wonder if you are running one window manager but the installer package
>>> gave you the setup for a different window manager.  If so, maybe you can
>>> temporarily switch window managers and see if that works.
>>>

>> I've not changed / switched the windows manager used in the Debian 10 VM
>> at all!
>>
>> But you are obviously correct, that the doubly 'PyQt5' as well as
>> 'PyQtWebEngine' packages are very strange.
>>
>> I'll continue work on it later in the day - and - get back as soon as
>> I've an explanation - or - at least some news ...

I have some news - but - no explanation ;-)

I tried to install Leo from PyPI via Pip - into the same PyVE - starting
from version 6.0 - and - all of them (i.e. also the latest stable version
6.3) install - and - WORK properly !!!

AFAIKT this problem only occurs, if you try to install Leo from scratch w/o
having any existing 'package dependency history' ...

With kind regards,

Viktor