On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 12:24 PM Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com>
wrote:

I've worked partially through the tutorials several times, but got bogged
> down and went on to other things.

For you, I would suggest working through Leo's rst3 tutorial
<http://leoeditor.com/tutorial-rst3.html>. You don't need to know about
clones, or scripting, or much else except the basic terminology that an "x
node" is a node whose headline starts with "@x".

Feel free to ask questions here.

So it wasn't Lindsey complaining about missing tools, it was me. And
> I'm referring to exactly one thing: The ability to create a style on my
> own, with a name created by me, and have that style stay a style all
> the way through the compile chain until being translated to an
> appearance in the very last process. A good example is CSS:
>
> p.story{font-style: italic; margin-right: 1em; margin-left: 1em;}
>
> and later

> and seated round the campfire was a bunch of dark
> and dusty brigands. When the captain said to Antonio,
> "Antonio, tell us a story", Antonio stood and related
> the following:
>
> It was a dark and stormy night ...

Thanks for the clarifications. I never gave this aspect of html any
thought. reStructuredText has the "raw" directive, so should be possible to
do this with rST.